Massage guns are effective in relieving tension, stiffness, and muscle soreness. A good reason why they’re such a perfect tool for pregnant women. Since pregnant women often feel aches and pains, massage guns can possibly be the best solution for them to experience comfort.
However, are massage guns really okay for pregnant women? If you’re pregnant yourself and interested in using a massage gun, keep reading to find out if the tool is good for you.
Can You Use a Massage Gun While Pregnant?
If you’re pregnant, it’s okay to use a massage gun. It has been shown to help reduce muscle soreness equally well as traditional massage therapy. However, you need to follow some precautions when using a massage gun during pregnancy to ensure that it will be safe. Also, make sure to consult your doctor before using the product.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Massage Gun During Pregnancy?
Note that there is no specific research on the benefits of massage guns for pregnant people. But, several studies have demonstrated the benefits of using one while pregnant. Here are some of the general benefits you can expect from using a massage gun during your pregnancy:
- You can experience deep tissue massage.
- It can reduce your pregnancy discomforts and pain, like cramps, muscle spasms, and fatigue.
- Researchers say that it can relieve symptoms and improve the health of you and your baby.
- It can increase your immune response.
- It can improve your sleep patterns.
- It can increase your energy and vitality.
- It can decrease your chronic back pain.
- It can reduce your anxiety.
- It can improve your mood.
- It can relieve your muscle and joint pains.
- It can improve your cardiovascular health.
- It can reduce your risk of preterm delivery.
- It can increase your serotonin and dopamine levels.
What Are the Safety Concerns You Should Know About?
Not all pregnant women can use a massage gun. That’s why it’s important to consult your doctor before using any kind of product to ensure that you and your baby will be safe. Generally, if you have the following conditions, it’s best to avoid using a massage gun or any kind of pregnancy massages:
- If your pregnancy is at high-risk, or if you are experiencing any bleeding, preterm contractions, and preeclampsia (a condition that causes a rise in blood pressure).
- If you have a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) condition
- If you have a placenta previa, accrete, or abruption.
- If you have gestational diabetes
How Can You Use a Massage Gun?
There are no specific directions when it comes to using a massage gun during pregnancy. But, one thing you have to take note of is that you should not place the device directly over your bones, nerves, or joints. Also, make sure not to use it on areas that are injured, swollen, or painful areas because that may only worsen the case. As much as possible, never put the gun directly on your abdomen during pregnancy. For maximum safety and best results, consult your doctor prior to using it so that they can teach you how to use it properly.
To wrap it up, pregnant women can use a massage gun with proper caution and guidance from the doctor. It’s an effective tool to ease your discomfort and pain during pregnancy. Just make sure to use it properly so that you and your baby will be safe during your pregnancy journey. Remember, your and your baby’s safety must be the top priority, so don’t use anything that may harm your baby.
If you’re looking for the best massage gun in Canada, Gravity has got what you need! We sell industry-leading percussive therapy massage guns with customizable speed range, adjustable arm, and deep amplitude. Browse our shop and place your order with us today!